Next Door provides Gisborne with access to New Zealand’s major mortgage lenders, with an extensive range of home loan options. We streamline the process, removing the hassle and the legwork for our clients, allowing you to access the best the market has to offer, quickly and painlessly.
Your personal Next Door mortgage broker Gisborne works for you, not for the lender, so:
- we’ll keep you informed of what’s on offer and weigh up what works best for you now and as your needs evolve
- we’ll review your arrangements and changing circumstances annually, or as often as you need
- we’ll remind you when your fixed term’s ending
- we’ll help you achieve financial freedom faster
Buying Your first home in Gisborne?
We know buying your first home is exciting but can be daunting too. Next Door will work with you to understand your current situation, along with your future plans and aspirations and help you secure a mortgage that is right for you.
Our mortgage advisers
Next Door advisers assess your current financial situation and deliver a mortgage that supports your future goals and aspirations.
- We’re a family business with smart technology designed to make mortgages simple
- We give you access to an extensive panel of lenders with a broad range of home loan solutions
- We have the competence, knowledge and skill to give regulated financial advice under the new financial advice regime
- We’ll help you achieve your financial goals faster
Our mortgage lenders
Our panel of lenders includes the major banks along with specialist lenders, giving our clients access to the best the market has to offer.
Common Home Loan Questions
1. How much money can I borrow?
The amount of money you can borrow will depend on your income and debts/expenses. Make sure you borrow only what you can afford, even if you are approved for more it is best to calculate what size home loan you can afford and stick to that amount. You can calculate repayments on our mortgage calculator here: Mortgage repayments calculator
2. What size does my deposit need to be?
has access to a number of lenders that we will match to the level of your deposit.
First home buyers in Gisborne need a deposit of 5% to 20%. If you are looking to buy an investment property, the required deposit is higher, but you can often use the equity in your current home in lieu of a deposit. Your Next Door advisor will be able to help you explore a wide range of mortgage options from their panel of lenders. Each lender will have different criteria that Next Door can match you to depending on your deposit.
3. What do I need to know before making a decision on a home loan?
You need to carefully evaluate risks and terms of the home loan to ensure you make an informed decision before signing an agreement. It is best to seek legal advice from your lawyer to assess your agreement and help you answer any questions you have and any parts of your agreement you do not understand.
- All fees involved including establishment fees, prepayment fees, default fees or any other fees associated with your home loan agreement
- The interest rate and whether it is fixed or variable
- What monthly repayments are
- Default interest amount
- The total amount payable over the period of the loan
4. Do I need insurance?
Most lenders will require you to have insurance cover in place when you apply for a mortgage. Next Door can arrange your insurance or you can choose from a variety of insurance providers available throughout New Zealand
5. What home loan structure will work best for my situation?
There are different loan structures that suit personal financial situations better than others. Your mortgage adviser will be able to help here with determining what will suit you best.