Next Door recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. We comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 when we handle your personal information.
Information we collect
We collect information about you for the purposes listed below, when you use our website, apply for a mortgage or insurance product or service, and during our relationship with you. This information may be collected directly from you, or from others (including third-party systems). We can also make enquiries with others to verify the information you provide to us.
Our purposes for collection and use
You agree that we can collect and use your information for the following purposes:
- Obtaining and verifying your identity and address
- Checking that you meet our credit criteria and other eligibility requirements
- Opening and operating your accounts
- Providing you with our accounts, products and services, and managing your relationship with us
- Evaluating and improving our customer service
- Protecting and enforcing our rights as part of our relationship with you
- Complying with applicable laws or legal rules
- Market research, data processing and statistical analysis activities
- Letting you know about offers, accounts, products and services that might be of interest to you (including from our loan and insurance suppliers)
However, if you ask us not to provide you this information we will comply with your request. From time to time we may need to use your information for another purpose associated with a particular product or service. If so we will take reasonable steps to make you aware of that in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. You authorise us to collect information about you from any person who can provide us with information that relates to a purpose listed above and is necessary for that purpose. This may include any credit reporting agency. We and our loan and insurance providers may make enquiries about any information that you provide to us in order to check the accuracy of the information. This may include providing the information to agencies engaged by us to verify customer identities or address information.
Disclosure of personal information
You agree that we can share your information with:
- Anyone who needs it to assist us with the purposes listed above (including third parties in New Zealand and overseas) that provide services to or for us. These third parties may be subject to overseas law or legal rules which require them to disclose your information
- Credit reporting and debt collection agencies
- Agencies engaged by us to verify customer identity or address information
- Organisations conducting market research, data processing and statistical analysis for us
- Guarantors of your obligations to us
- Our/your insurers in relation to money you owe us, or property you give us security over
- Our assignees or potential assignees
- Your previous or current employer(s), to confirm your employment history or income
- Law enforcement authorities, the courts, government agencies, regulatory authorities or third parties, both in New Zealand and overseas, where we believe the disclosure will assist us to comply with any law or legal rules or will assist in the investigation, detection and/or prevention of fraud, money laundering or other criminal offences
- Anyone that we need to contact to carry out your instructions to us (including the recipient of any payment)
We may also disclose information about you to anyone you authorise us to disclose that information to. We may also disclose information about you to others where required by law or legal rules.
You can choose not to provide information to us
If you do not provide information we have requested, you may be unable to obtain or access the accounts, products or services for which the information is required. Please ask us if you are unsure what information is important and how this might affect you.
Storage of information
We can store your information physically or electronically ourselves, or with others contracted to hold the information for us in New Zealand and overseas. We will act reasonably to ensure that your information is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
Your rights of access to and correction of information
We will do everything reasonable to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, although this does depend on you telling us about any changes that mean the information we hold about you is no longer correct. You may ask us for access to the information we hold about you and, if necessary, request corrections to it. Under the Privacy Act, we may charge you for this. If you would like access to the information we hold about you, please contact us.
Collection of analytics information through our website
To improve our website(s) and our advertising, we may use patterns and other meaningful information gathered from web analytics tools. This may include traffic to, from and within our website(s), your mouse click activity, your IP address, and other information that you voluntarily enter into the website(s). In addition, our website(s) may use third party cookies from Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. This includes features which give us insight into behavioural information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level, and who has viewed our advertising on other websites. This helps us to understand browsing behaviour to give a better experience whilst visiting our website, and to optimise our advertising, including on and outside our website. You can access Google’s Privacy Statement here.
Next Door takes reasonable steps to preserve the security of cookie and personal information in accordance with this privacy statement. Next Door regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although Next Door strives to protect such information, Next Door cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information in our own systems.
Website terms New Zealand and general information only
The information contained on this website has been prepared under New Zealand law for the supply of these products and services in New Zealand only. Unless otherwise stated, references to any currency are in New Zealand dollars. The information is designed to provide general information for New Zealanders only and does not take into account any individual particular circumstances. It is not intended to provide comprehensive or specific investment advice. You should not rely on the information contained in this website solely when making investment decisions and you should obtain professional advice on your individual requirements before making an investment decision. We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the material presented on this website is accurate and up-to-date, but we do not accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions, inaccuracies, or for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on, or the use of the information it contains. We may amend or add to this website at any time without notice.
This website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties which are not under the control of Next Door. Next Door is not responsible for, and makes no representations, warranties or conditions concerning, the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Next Door provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by Next Door of the linked site. In accordance with Internet protocol, we require that you request the permission of Next Door to link to this site. If you would like to link to this site please contact us.
If you provide us with your email address, we may contact you using electronic communications (eg, email) in relation to the enquiry or application you have made. We may also provide you with information about additional products or services offered by that we think you may be interested in. You may elect to not receive electronic communications at any time.
Next Door holds copyright and other intellectual property rights on this website. The information, images, screens, web pages, logos and brands on this website may not be displayed or distributed in public in any form (including digital copies) without the express written permission of Next Door. You may not use or permit use of any part of this site for any purpose other than that intended (which is the provision to you of product and service information, and information about Next Door and its mortgage and insurance suppliers).
The statement and terms and conditions applicable to this website are governed and construed in accordance with New Zealand law.
Making a privacy complaint
If you have a concern or complaint about privacy, in the first instance, please talk to your adviser and we’ll try to fix it. If you are not satisfied with how we address your complaint, you can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner:
PO Box 10 094
0800 803 909
Our complaints process
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible.
Call: 0800 562 010
Write to: Unit 2, 152 Ormond Road, Gisborne 4010
When we receive a complaint:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within two business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint
- We will contact you by phone, email or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use our internal complaints process, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme, Financial Services Complaints Limited. Financial Services Complaints Limited provides a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to resolve your complaint if we haven’t been able to do so to your satisfaction.
Contact Financial Services Complaints Limited
0800 347 257
Level 4, Sybase House, 101 Lambton Quay, Wellington 6011